For Library Faculty & Staff
A number of variables impact the actual time it takes to complete a project; on average:
- One third of the effort is project planning, preservation preparation, management, and oversight
- One third of the effort is metadata development which includes updating catalog records or archival description
- One third of the effort is the actual digitization
How to Start a New Project
- Submit Project/Collection Proposal
- Complete the Scanning Project Proposal Form
- Forward email generated to your department chair to gather their responses
- Forward the completed message to the UFDC Projects Team
- Review the Smathers Libraries Copyright Policies
- Upon approval of the project, a schedule will be decided on, and you will be asked to provide additional Scanning Information to the UFDC Projects Team
- Draft training for metadata for new projects
- Draft timeline for new projects
- For only one or two items, contact us to see if the digitize-on-demand process can meet the request
To address digitization for patron requests, please see the Orders page at our Special and Area Studies Collections department website.
For individual items, or AV formats, or other questions, contact Laura Perry.
Scanning Information Form
Information about batch submission of metadata with spreadsheets, and example projects.