Digital Services (DLC)
University of Florida
P.O Box 117003
Gainesville, FL 32611 USA
An A B C, for Baby PatriotsDescription: An A B C, for Baby Patriots, by Mary Frances Ames, 1899.
Collection: Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature Digital Collection
Ramón Figueroa Mexican & Cuban Film Poster Collection
Collection: Digital Library of the Caribbean
Drew Field EchoesDescription: Newspaper published at the Drew Field Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida.
Collection: Florida Digital Newspaper Library
Antique Maps, Historic Sanborn Maps, and Aerial Photography
Collection: Map & Imagery Library Digital Collections
Archie Carr and Sea TurtlesDescription: Archie Carr attaching weather balloons to sea turtles.
Collection: University Archives Photograph Collection
Alice in WonderlandCollection:
Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature Digital Collection
Alfred Browning ParkerDescription: Alfred Browning Parker, architectural drawings, from the University of Florida Architecture Archives
Collection: University of Florida Libraries Architecture Archives Collection
Digital Library Center & Copyright
The Digital Library Center observes United States copyright legislation (title 17, U. S. Code). Assistance interpreting copyright legislation is provided by the Copyright Office in the Library of Congress. The Center's projects target resources published outside of as well as inside the United States of America. The Center's staff observes whichever affords the greatest protections: either the laws of the United States or the laws of the country of origin.
Additionally, at least one of our projects, the Digital Library of the Caribbean, accepts resources from foreign partners. It is the responsibility of those partners to observe the copyright laws of their home country or the country of origin, whichever affords the greatest protections.
- Internet Distribution Permissions: Guidelines and permission forms for digital distribution rights (all in Word format).
- Grant of permissions:
- Grant of Permisions (English)
- Droits des Permis (French)
- Concesión de los Permisos (Spanish)
Newspaper Permission Letters:
In order to digitize newspapers, access to the physical copies and permissions from the copyright holders are required. These are the letters defining usage for borrowed newspapers:
- Lending Agreement (English)
- Accord de Prêt pour la Numérisation (French)
- Acuerdo de Préstamo para la Digitalización (Spanish)
These are the letter templates for newspapers to grant Internet Distribution Permissions:
- Digital Distribution Permissions Consent Form (English)
- Contrat de Distribution Numérique (French)
- Digital Contrato de Distribución (Spanish)
- Cornell's two page guide to determining whether a work is in copyright.
- Stanford's Copyright Renewal Database for checking the status of works published between 1923-1978.
- Brief language aids for the identification of copyright statements in non-English languages.
- ARL Statistics for Electronic Resources
- WATCH (Writers Authors and Their Copyright Holders) Database
- General information for UF Authors on on contributing your resources, how to retain your rights...
* See the list of Countries' Copyright Length for more information.
Last modified: Friday September 24 2010 lnt